Computer training from Computers of South Dublin is individualised, hands-on, and on-site… generally provided at your office desktops for the improved results obtained through a familiar learning environment.
Though your workplace environment is expected not to be diverse, COSD itself as an educator is vendor-neutral. For instance, requests to train you in LibreOffice or Apache OpenOffice as opposed to Microsoft Office will be just as easily accomodated.
Executive computer training: from orientation to office applications
Personal training sessions are best conducted from one to two hours in a familiar environment (workplace or home office) and may be scheduled on nights or weekends. Training goals include:
- Managing personal data & online communications
- Adapting work load to staff changes
- Working from a home office
- Using office programs (Word, Excel & PowerPoint or equivalents)
- Your current computer experience and knowledge
- What you want or need to do with your computer
- Difficulties you are currently having
Bespoke employee training: outline, achieve and maintain workplace computer standards
Businesses looking to increase their employee skill sets may contract COSD to train larger groups. Hands-on training at the employee desktop is not practical for groups of more than four, though larger classes may be improvised in lab environments with a computer on each desk. Possible training goals include:
- Achieving a designated competency in office applications (word processing, spreadsheets)
- Using your company's own application software or online services
- Adoption of new standards (e.g., moving from paper forms to computer data entry)
Question: Can the training be automated?
Yes! When your material is fact-intensive, requiring personal absorption as with an academic course, trainees will benefit from an online training programme to provide progressive lessons & testing.
This approach also works for your customers, for whom you may be responsible for training in your products and methods. COSD can provide an Internet-based Moodle course for them to learn at a distance while you monitor their progress and certification.
- Contact COSD for a free email assessment of your business training requirement
- Return to Business Computer Services
- Next section: Articulated Web Design
- Last Updated: 29 January 2014