Computers of South Dublin support services are ideal for the Dublin SOHO (small or home office) computer environment. Small businesses these days often cannot afford service contracts or in-house servers, so COSD provides hourly computer support and Internet-based services for email and information sharing. These constraints are especially true for home-based businesses.
Home office computer & network setup, with ongoing support when needed
For new offices, a short sales consultation can assure the best prices for computers & peripherals through Internet-based suppliers and/or local wholesalers. After installing hardware and software, the following features are provided as necessary:
- Home (office) networking, including file & print sharing among computers
- Email, contacts, and calendar integration with your smartphone (see mobile devices)
- Protecting business data on a dedicated disk device (such as Synology DiskStation) which can be backed up to cloud storage
Internet presence for your growing business
Setting up the free Google Apps for your home business eliminates the need for hardware to provide email and collaboration features, giving you:
Email addresses branded with your company name (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- All email accounts include spam immunity and other free Google services for information sharing and groupware (Google Docs, Google Sites and Google Drive)
- Continuous offsite mirroring (backup) of your email, through free & synchronising email clients like Thunderbird
If your current web site is brochure-like, COSD can help you modify or add pages, or work with you to develop a CMS web site that allows you to create and publish your own pages. In either case, you can use our online copywriting service to turn your product & service descriptions into organic search engine referrals or get help with Google Adwords to start getting sales leads immediately.
Presentation support, on-site or on demand
For presentations, business plans, marketing materials, downloadable PDF documents, specification sheets, white papers, and instructional or promotional audio and video, call COSD to either work through the presentation issues on your premises or design these materials according to your specifications.
- Contact COSD for a free email assessment your home office computer requirements
- Read on to Family safety & security
- Last Updated: 13 May 2017