TODO: EXPAND THIS OUTLINE
How to use templates (see Cardano examples)
- Preparation is different every time (putting values into variables, recorded here when possible).
- Scripts are always the same: copy & paste directly from here
- Keep old scripts around since syntax is likely to change over time.
- Otherwise just copy the last one that was used for same purpose.
- (parens) around long strings that might be missing a character or two - don’t copy them! Just the data between parens!
- cat > is to set up the values in the FW so they don’t have to be stored on the host machine (not even addresses).
- VARIABLES are in all caps - used to compute things inside the FW.
- boldface values are different each time.
- protocol.json goes right into scripts folder - Not confidential!
suggestion: transaction name files should have the same basename (“tx”)
- doesn’t help us for instance to use the word “withdraw” when the transacdtions are always named in the same group
- sometimes we’d like to cut & paste a transaction script without changing all the names.