Notes on apparent errors and difficulties you may see:
“wspanish” (or other insignificant) package can’t be added during installation time... this is harmless & can be ignored.
- errors seen during installation (inconsequential) in 20.04.1 release
- “wspanish” package has a dependency problem. If it stops the installation to complain about this, just ignore the problem and click Continue.
- Any dependency problems found in the installation are almost guaranteed to be cleaned up the first time doing an
apt updatein the booted system.
“snap” won’t go quietly
- LVM is installed as a snap, and I think we have a dependency problem.
- I managed to scuttle one system by removing one of the snaps, even though it wasn’t LVM.
when asked to "run fsck manually on root” to start after a disk check failure
- likewise if writes fail, and you try to save a file in the shell and it says "read only file system”
- we've had no positive results from actually running
fsckon root as it suggests.
- therefore best to reboot when you see this message
- If you see this message repeatedly then you probably have to reinstall... another argument for saving all Frankenwallet files in either high- or low-security encrypted backups on the host machine.
if you can't Restart or Shut Down after you get in that "read only" state, it's no problem powering off.
- no point doing a "sync" since any further writes to the disk are impossible: therefore you're not losing anything further by powering off the machine (without being able to shut down, in fact it's the only thing you can do).